Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Politics in my town!

Politics and politicians of Kabirwala truly represent national sample and I can’t identify any outliers. I am wrong because I can remember one exception which is being the man of principle.

When Sadaat of Qatalpur lost election in 2002, I watched a TV package on Geo. Farrukh (Jang’s Local correspondent) said that they lost the election due to lack of public contacts (coordination). The janta thought that they were seasonal birds. 2008 saw huge national support for Peoples Party but Syed Fakhar Imam lost again…do you know what? The same reason, he didn’t learn from the past. I am proud at least he stayed committed and didn’t give public a damn shit.

Well-done Peer Sahib!

I am talking rubbish, Isn’t it? Who learns from the past? Have Peoples party learnt from the past? Has Nawaz Sharif stopped playing different cards? Is Maulana Diesel doing anything different?

Local politics surrounds around few families, and they are elected in turn for National & Provincial assemblies. Our sitting member of National Assembly was elected on PPP’s ticket in 2002 but he saw patriotism in Musharraf & he joined “Patriots” to become a Federal Minister. He is shrewd and intelligent & waiting for the right time for the next swing…

One politician promised us that he would make Kabirwala look like Paris.
Paris – Yes, believe me, he said Paris. I have not been to Paris, Can anyone tell me; are there any similarities in the two cities?

Richard Dawkins’s The Selfish Gene taught us that since evolution helps those who help themselves, selfishness should be looked at as a driving force for change rather than a flaw that drags us down. We may be nasty apes, but it makes sense that we are, and the world is a better place for it. We simply can not survive without our sensitivity to power dynamics.

Selfish or not, could be intellectual question, but humans definitely strive for the power. So if our guy finds a new lap and gets another ministry, I will appreciate his wisdom and shrewdness.

They cheat people and in return get the same treatment. I was sitting in one of friend’s office when a hopeful came to ask for his vote. He gave him his words. This is was the fourth word he had given in last three days. Then I heard that he was playing key role in the winning camp.

“Tit for Tat” is the word…