Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nadda Continental

“Do you want to eat something?” asked my friend who happens to be one of the intellectuals of Kabirwala. Looking at the watch and realizing that it was too late to expect any food from home, I accepted the offer. He promised me good food and we walked through the streets. In mid of the night, he took me to Hazrat Peer Kabir to pay his respects and we continued our journey.

Shehar More and in the middle of nowhere, I asked if he was serious. Jugians in fauji ground are later development so you may sympathize with me. 10 more minutes, and we were at Nadda Continental. It was pleasant feeling to sit there, eat something and discuss world.

Surprised on Kabirwala having a continental hotelL well it has oneJ

I was fan of George Gurdjieff in those days; we had huge debates afterwards at Nadda Continental. Later it was normal in the nights, if someone called for me at my home, they used to tell the caller to check at Nadda Continental firstJ

Nadda Continental – I am thinking about it and many memories are hitting me...

The function is over in town hall and we are sitting here to discuss individual performances…

Nisar is reading his poem Ja Mohabbatey bhairiye

Gujjari is being discussed and future of relationships is under scrutiny

Book launch of “Mattan Maal Walley” has finished and Faisal is trying to state to one of the guests that his friend didn’t mean to insult the old poet…

Nadda Continental stood as our best bit and “classic” example of hospitality.

My regards to all, whose presence made Nadda Continental special and chats made hotel worth visiting.